Monday, January 6, 2014

Watch out Martha Stewart

I finally mustered the courage up to attempt a sewing pattern to kick off my 52 patterns in 52 weeks.  It seemed so silly to keep putting off, but I was terrified it would be a disaster (and there was a Friends marathon on TBS, it’s hard to not watch).
So I pulled out my printed directions for my coffee sleeve (probably the simplest project ever) and got to work!

between the two pieces of fabric I used a thin piece of felt as an insulator.

It surprisingly was not a complete mess, and works! 


More practice is definitely needed to get one that looks just right, but I am pretty impressed with myself and my little cup sleeve!
2014 is looking like the year where I actually get to dominate these New Year’s resolutions, so bring it! J
{though I do believe I may be getting a bit cocky, because while shopping for duvet covers I have decided I’ll just make my own…. we shall see how that ends up (probably with me standing in line at Macy’s buying one!).

5 comments:

  1. Your coffee sleeve is so cute! I would never have thought you could sew our own. I got a new sewing machine not to long ago and need some ideas so I will be watching what you make every week!

    www.goingupupandaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super simple pattern to follow with lots of pictures (which are always my favorite kind). Here is the link - https://thecottagemama.com/2010/02/reusable-coffee-sleeve-tutorial/

      Delete
  2. This is a great DIY project! Turned out very cute! xoxo, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete