Friday, January 3, 2014

Five on Friday - the new year!

Linking up with some of my favorite lovely ladies for Five on Friday!!

link to Carolina Charm
I don't know about anyone else, but these mid-week holidays have thrown my life schedule into a tail-spin.  I don't know if I am coming or going.  But sadly the holiday season is screeching to a holt and on Monday life goes back to normal.  But luckily I was able to squeeze in one more day off today!  
 
{one}
So of course number 1 for this week is enjoying this impromptu day off with the hubs.  One perk of this crazy winter storm on the east coast is it was way to windy for a day deer hunting in the tree stand so I got Brandon all to myself.  He dropped me off at my hair appointment, ran some errands and then we had lunch and went to a movie (at cinema cafĂ©... where we have found that beer is just 10 cents more than a soda, so really it makes sense to day drink, right!)
 
{two}
source
I am not sure if I have mentioned this amazingness before, but stop what you are doing and check out CND Vinylux nail polish!!  Goes on, and comes off, just like regular nail polish but some wizard magic makes this stuff stay on for a thousand times longer than regular nail polish and dries hard in about 15 minutes.  For me, this is amazing.  My at home manis usually last about 30 minutes, because at that point they still have not dried and I have zero patience when it comes to airing my nails and I smudge it all up.  I have not seen them in store, but amazon is overflowing with shops to get them from.  Check it out!
 
{three}
Still going strong with my Closet Cleanout.  I have yet to wear anything twice, but I do have to say there is a great bit of anxiety staring at that closet and wanting to make sure I wear the right outfit at the right time.  Definitely have a fear of "wasting" a good outfit (which is a ridiculous fear... so maybe this is a good way to break me out of my comfort zone)

 
{four}
For Christmas my parent's got me my very own sewing machine!  I was so excited to get it open, but first spent a few hours cleaning out a space to put it!  Now it is all prepped and ready to go (even ready the entire instruction book... I'd like to pat myself on the back for that one!).  So I thought I need a great way to break this bad boy in so I am challenging myself, 52 new patterns in 52 weeks!  By the end of 2014, I want to have crafted all sorts of amazing things.  I have been scouring the internet for ideas and patterns and after a trip to the fabric shop this weekend I am getting down to business.  I can't wait to share my creations and epic fails (I am sure there will be plenty) here on the blog!!

Does anyone have an elna sewing machine?  Any tips?
{five}
The very best part of the holidays is all my amazing friends that have moved away come back home to visit.  I was so happy to catch up with so many of my best girlfriends and gossip about married life, babies and upcoming weddings.  I can't say enough how lucky I am to have so many sweet friends! 

Happy Friday and welcome to 2014!!!

1 comment:

  1. {Visiting from Five on Friday} I'll have to check out that nail polish...thanks for sharing ;) ENJOY your new sewing machine! What a fabulous gift!! I've been talking about wanting to get one and to learn to sew for a long time now, maybe this would be a good year for that ;) Have fun creating all sorts of wonderful things with it! :)

    ReplyDelete