So my first solo sewing project was a success, but Tuesday evening’s attempt was nothing close to an awesome piece. Make that two piece fails to be exact!
My first idea was to try a “super simple” skirt pattern my sister had sent me, and successfully completed I might add. So I ironed my fabric, checked out the pattern then quickly realized my sewing room supplies are very lacking. To get an even cut I will definitely need to purchase a cutting board, roller cutter and measurer. (Which I purchased on amazon today!)
I put that idea to the side and thought I could wipe out a little zipper pouch. I didn’t have a pattern, but how hard could it be. Oh, I was in for a bit of frustration and no zipper pouch to show for it. Whomp, Whomp.
Needless to say I have quite a bit more to learn, and think I should get the supplies I need and stick to easy patterns and picture heavy instructions.
And maybe re-read the instructions on this bad boy!
I am still determined to finish my 52 patterns in 52 weeks. My goal this week is to have something completed by Sunday night!