Thursday, January 9, 2014

That time I felt old

Sitting at my friend’s house the other day we were talking about getting old.  As we sat watching her two year old little guy run circles around the living room we discussed how some moment’s made us feel grown up, like having a baby or being married, and how other moment’s left us feeling like 12 year olds, being at work presenting to a board of directors hoping that no one can see how terrified and immature you feel.
That got me to think about the first time I really felt like I was getting old.  It wasn’t when I spotted a gray hair (which our now everywhere… I am in desperate need of some hair dye), or even when I signed the paperwork for building our own house, no, It was 4 years ago, the moment the eye doctor told me “you need eyeglasses, it’s just what happens when you get old”. 
I was 23 and had gone my whole life with perfect vision, but now, apparently, I was getting old and this was my reality check!
Thankfully glasses are not the same old coke bottle crazies that poor kid in 1st grade had to wear with an elastic band wrapped around his head!  They can be stylish, even completing an outfit in some cases.  Look at Zooey Deschanel, she rocks those frames just to be cool! 
And here is where glassesusa.com steps in, not only can you get a pair of fantastically perfect eyeglasses at a perfect price, but they are delivered right to your door.  I am a huge fan of online shopping (so much so I created my own boutique) and having the ability to buy glasses from the comfort of the couch... heaven!
Glassesusa.com takes the whole eyeglasses online process a step further by creating the new Virtual Mirror Feature.  It let's you try on all those new wayfarers to get the perfect look.  It's a simple feature to use, just upload your photo, use the controls to line-up your pic and start shopping!



So simple!

I am thinking "Yes"

 
 Now let's see your look -
 
 
Glassesusa.com is currently offering 15% off your order and free shipping on orders over $50 with code FS15.   AND use code Blog10 to get 10% off all prescription glasses! 
 
Shop away my friends and tell me, when did you feel old?!



1 comment:

  1. Umm, I got glasses when I was seven. I feel old when I don't get asked for an ID when buying booze.

    ReplyDelete