Monday, April 20, 2015

You've Got to Cherish It

Another weekend has come and gone and as the dog and I watch the rain outside we decide it is time to prep for the week ahead.

But first we have to talk about the wonderful, sunny day filled weekend we had! 

Friday, I headed to the Old Dominion University campus for a work training class.  The campus is beautiful and really had me missing college.  Made me want to pull a Billy Madison moment, grab a college kid by the cheeks and yell “Stay here, stay as long as you can, for the love of God…. Cherish it!”

The classroom setting made me consider a masters degree, cause I am a nerd and a junkie when it comes to learning new stuff (and collecting certifications and degrees).

When I headed back home to the real world I couldn’t get over how nice of a day it was so we spent the whole afternoon outside playing frisbee with the dog and washing the car, which turned out to be a waste because the pollen here is out of control!

Saturday morning we woke up to another windows open kind of day and headed right outside to play in the yard.  Some laps with the dog and at home mani later, it was time for us to get ready for our friend’s baby shower.  Lori and Buck are adding another little girl to their family this May and we are so excited.  I took this opportunity to wear my new green dress at it was perfect.  The shower was at the beautiful home of Lori’s friend and the house on the water was a perfect backdrop to the day.

Sunday, Brandon headed to work and I headed to church, with a quick stop in Target, where I grabbed that amazing pineapple bowl I was eyeing.  I couldn’t stay awake to hit the online sale and the target near us had a smaller than most shipment, but I scored that great bowl, and a few other target home décor pieces so I will count that as a small win!  I had lunch after church with a new friend who is new to this small town life new too!  In an area where everyone is a local, we are figuring out this new lifestyle together!

Sunday afternoon involved a trail walk for work pictures for an upcoming guide.  The umpteen laps we took in the park to get the right shot successfully got me to my 10,000 steps for the day.

Thankfully we got the perfect shots in before the rain came and Sunday evening was spent lounging and soaking up every bit of weekend time!

How was your weekend?  Are you a Lily Lover that spent their Sunday in line?

No comments:

Post a Comment