Monday, July 22, 2013

Paddleboarding and puppies.. how was your weekend?!

Can we start our Monday with a high-five to mother nature for some awesome weather this weekend!!  Now, we are back to Monday and the rain has already started... but I'll take it.

This weekend was definitely a good one! 

Friday started with a Going Away party for Brandon's Uncle who headed out to sea on Sunday with the Navy.  Brandon had to work, so I went to hang out with his family. 

Saturday I started with some coffee and to-do lists for wedding prep! (the lists seem to be never ending!)
After my list was complete and I chatted with my sister a bit who had come over to lay by the pool it was off to the stores to grab some wedding supplies at the craft shops.  I could spend hours in those places.  They are like Pinterest in that they make me feel way more creative than I am!
Then out to the farm to help Brandon with some dog houses for the beagles.  Those puppies are getting more adorable everyday!

Sunday was a perfect day.  While Brandon got up early to head to work, I got up and headed down to the Outer Banks to visit with my family {poor guy misses all the fun things}.  My parents and brothers were down visiting with my aunt, uncle and cousins from Pennsylvania.  The sand was scorching hot, the water was ice cold, but the weather was perfect! 

I even got to try out paddleboarding for the first time!  The wind was crazy, but I was pretty proud of myself for staying up the whole time.  Though on the water and fighting the wind by yourself seems more fun in theory... I think it would be a bit more exciting if you had a destination and someone out there with you!



 
link
Rocked this little suit at the beach on Sunday and I would like to send out a PSA that this top, while adorable for beach romping, is not built for water sports {mainly paddling through waves on giant boards)!  Thank goodness the go-pro was not on while I was on the paddleboard... that video would not be family friendly!

We spent the day down on the beach and then after dinner I drove back home because it is back to work for me this Monday.  (though the idea of just living on the beach did cross my mind more than once!)

link up with Sami to share your weekend recap

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I love the beach. Can't get enough of the water.. Pretty sure I need to try paddle boarding :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete