Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Holiday Pinterest Dessert

I am happy to say my 4th of July Pinterest dessert was a hit!
 
Here was the original pin
 
 
I prepped the ingredients the night before, because I knew I would be hanging out in the morning at Brandon's brother and sister-in-law's house while the boys started the day with some Frisbee golf (they are a bit obsessed!)
 
the supplies - (plus a book of brownie mix)
 
 
I cut up all the strawberries and blueberries and stored them in the fridge overnight


 
 
 I baked the brownies and cover them over night to let them cool
 
 
When I got to their house in the morning, I grabbed all the supplies and began to put the skewers together. I cut and broke apart the brownies (which next time I will need to make a little thicker... mine turned a bit cakey).  I built up a combination of the blueberries, strawberries, brownies and marshmallows.
 
Could not have been simpler! 
pardon the iphone quality!
I was able to make two batches to take to the two different parties we went to and everyone raved about them! 
I have to say I love a good, successful, Pinterest project!  I will have to try a few more fruit skewer combos for more summer cookouts!
 
What is your favorite go-to party recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment