It was so very sweet of Breanna of Up... Up.. and Away to nominate me for a Liebster Award. She has a great blog talking about her life as an new Air Force wife. She has some amazing DIY projects and adventures from her live as a military wife.
So here is how it works:
Rules for the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions the blogger who nominated you asked
3. Create 11 new questions
4. Nominate new people who have under 200 followers
5. Let them know and no tagging back
11 facts about me:
1. I grew up with my 3 brothers and 1 sister. 7 people in one house. We were a loud bunch, but I wouldn’t trade my childhood for anything.
2. My dad was active duty in the Navy and my parent’s and older siblings lived in Pennsylvania, California, Maryland, Florida and the Philippines. They were transferred to Virginia 5 months before I was born and remained there till he retired 14 years later. I am a lucky Navy brat to say the least!
3. I am obsessed with watching Law and Order (I prefer Special Victims, but any one will do). I turn on the tv and find whatever channel it is on just for background noise all the time. I made need an intervention.
4. I graduated with a degree in Exercise and Health Promotion, but my first major was Nutrition. I had big plans of being a dietitian and working in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (for premature babies) but after a summer internship stuck behind a calculator and a wall of charts with little to no patient interaction, I went right back to school and changed my concentration.
5. I am a beer girl! I love a good Corona by the pool.
6. I played in a pool league after college. Brandon started on a team, then I joined when they needed an extra player. We have won 2 trips to Vegas to play in the National Tournament, one for Brandon as an individual player, and one as a team. But I will be honest, I am a terrible player that ended up on a pretty good team.
7. I love to learn. And I also love to be able to prove it… with certifications. I am a certified personal trainer, Zumba instructor, swimming pool operator, and real estate agent, just to name a few. I think of them like Pokemon… gotta catch em’ all!
8. Before I could get my driver’s license I had to prove to my dad that I could drive a stick shift, change a tire, and do my own oil change. I am so thankful for that and all that he and my mom do for us..
9. Cooking is definitely not a talent of mine. I can follow a recipe, but I have no ability to just ‘add a dash of spice’. Nope, I strictly follow those directions, and
sometimes most times, it isn’t all
that great. But I am working on this
10. I could eat chips and dip every day for all three courses. I have it for dinner a tad too often. (probably due to my lack of cooking skills)
11. I am a terrible writer, which I think about every time I sit down to write a blog post. I had a professor my senior year of college tell me how terrible my writing skills were and how he didn’t know how to help me (we’re talking poor use of commas, run on sentences, fragmented sentences… the works!). I rocked the presentation part of that class which thankfully saved my grade. Needless to say, graduating as an Exercise and Health Promotion major was probably a good choice.
Questions from Breanna:
1. If you could witness any past event past, present or future, what would it be?
2. What is your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Cornhole on the beach with friends, family and cold beer! (you can always play that game inside too!)
3. Would you want to know the exact day and time of your death? Definitely not. I don’t think I could stand the countdown to doomsday.
4. What is your favorite smell? Clean Linen! The crisp clean smell is the best!
5. If you could live anywhere in the world and not have to worry about money, where would it be and why? Somewhere on the East Coast. I wouldn’t want to live too far from family. I also wouldn’t want to live in a place where English was not the predominate language (I love to travel to new places, but to feel truly comfortable in my surroundings I would want to be able to talk with everyone around me.)
6. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you want to play you? Jennifer Aniston, hands down! Sure we look nothing alike, and I may be just a tad younger, but she is amazing. I wish I was her!
7. What is your dream job? I don’t know if I have one dream job. I think my dream job would be to work tons of different jobs and try my hand at everything. I get bored a little too easily.
8. Did you make any New Year's resolutions? If so, how are they going? I made some pretty broad resolutions, like find motivation, start working out more, and learn to sew. I am slowly working on these goals. Not as far along as I had planned, but slow and steady wins the race, right?!
9. What has been your biggest challenge in life so far? Finding contentment.
10. If you could pick any superpower what would you choose for yourself? Super speed. To be able to get from one place to the another with lightning fast speed would be amazing!!
11. Where's Waldo?
My questions to my nominees:
1. What is your morning routine?
2. Describe a perfect day.
3. Marathon? Wanna run one, or have no idea why those crazy people do it?
4. Beach or the mountains, which is your preference.
5. What is the number 1 thing on your bucket list?
6 .What is the hardest item of clothing for you to shop for?
7. What is your drink of choice?
8. What made you start your blog?
9. Who is your favorite celebrity leading lady?
10. Favorite date night activity?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Just a couple of my favorite small blogs:
Emily @ Eloquently Emily
& any one who wants to play along!