Monday, April 22, 2013

The weekend I met the dancing Hough

link-up!
and we are back at Monday...
 
I hope you guys all had a great weekend!  I definitely did, it was jammed packed and went way too fast.
 
Friday was a busy work night, I got home late and put together what I needed for Saturday and headed straight to bed.
 
Saturday was the big day!!  Simply Style Boutique (the shop I own with my sister) had our first booth at the STYLElicious Show for Women, hosted by the local paper!  It was a huge success for us.  We got to meet a ton of amazing ladies (and Derek Hough... no big deal!) 
 
 


my fabulous sister in our striped sweater!

Derek Hough was there for a Q and A session and to sign autographs with his loyal fans.  Let me just say that the demographic of the Hough fans was not what I was expecting.  There were grannies galore!!  They are some big DWTS fanatics! haha

my OOTD and the Hough!
 
We had a great spot right in front of the Hough's signing booth and beside the stage to watch the fashion shows!
 
{and I also want to thank my wonderful friends for the supportive texts I got throughout the day, I truly have some amazing people in my life!)
 
After we packed up and left we headed to my sisters house to reorganize and celebrate!!  I could not be happier that our first event was a success!
 
Sunday, after searching through countless online catalogs of bridesmaids dresses, I went to church.  Definitely a much needed little recharge!
 
Then it was back to the house to meet up with Brandon, look through countless catalogs of house plans, and then head over to met with the Deacon who will be marrying us.  He is the father of two of my best friends and I am so honored he will be marrying us.  We sat with him and went over our 'inventory' for marriage preparation.  It felt like a big compatibility quiz but is supposed to be more of a discussion starter for the big issues you deal with in marriage.
 
We finished off the evening with dinner with my parents and numerous loads of laundry (talk about getting crazy!) and then I crashed into bed!
 
Definitely wasn't ready for it to be Monday again, but with how yuck the weather is today, being stuck inside by my little personal heater to keep my toes warm isn't all too terrible!
 
Link-up with Sami and let us know how your weekend was!

No comments:

Post a Comment