As the temperatures begin to drop (or hover in the low 70’s… who are you in Virginia) I have been making a list of the fall time activities we want to do before the holiday season.
1. Go apple-picking: I have been researching local orchards and am loving the idea.
2. Bake a homemade home apple-pie: I have the black thumb of cooking so this may be an all-out fail, but at least I will be able to say we tried. (any recipes are appreciated!!)
3. Have a bonfire: some perks of living in the country is you can shot guns in the side yard and have a nice bonfire out back.
|Last years little fire, this year we want bigger and better (and smores included!)|
4. Find the perfect crock-pot chili recipe
5. Visit the local farmers market: most here close up shop in mid-November so we still have a few weekends to enjoy the local treats.
6. Take a family photo shoot: I see a Christmas card in our future.
|maybe a repeat of this 2012 pose...|
7. Paint a pumpkin: Because carving the thing is such a mess…
What are your favorite fall time traditions and what is on your must-to list?