Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - our venue

I love the beach! The waves, the sand, the sound, the air; it is heaven. 
When it came to picking out our reception venue, I headed straight for the shore.  Luckily for us, that is only a quick 15 minute drive down the road from my parent’s home. 
I originally got the contact info for our venue when my sister, mom and I were there for a wedding expo.   I went to a few other places along the water, but comparing the prices, the menu and the view… our pick won out on all fronts.
 
this view made me squeal!! i knew this was the place
We will have our reception at the Surf Club Ocean Grille in the Wyndham Hotel at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. 
The day Brandon and I took his parent’s to brunch to show off our spot, the sun was shining, the weather was perfect and the dolphins were literally jumping in the water through the window view from our table!  Let’s just say that brunch sealed the deal!
our windy day at brunch
Our venue will also host all of our catering and bar, so those boxes are checked on the to do list.  And the food is delicious, so win, win!
Here are some pictures from our walk through a few weeks back.  They were setting up for a wedding that afternoon.  It had snowed the evening before, and let me just say to look out and see the sand covered in snow was pretty sweet!

 
I am working now on putting together an inspiration board for the decorations.  It is such an amazing spot, and I think even by itself it could great.   But a few touches here and there, it is going to look amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment